Beta Phi Mu
For membership questions, please contact:
Award for Student Scholarship
The purpose of the award is to recognize outstanding student scholarship, one of the goals of Beta Phi Mu, the international library and information science honor society. One award is made each academic year, with the possibility of multiple awards, at the discretion of the Beta Phi Mu Chi Chapter Executive Board.
- Faculty in the IU School of Library and Information Science may nominate work done by masterís degree students. Nominations from adjunct faculty are welcome.
- The form and content of nominated works is open. The only requirement is that the work be submitted in a universally accessible format.
- Nominated papers or projects are evaluated on their contributions to scholarship in library and information science.
- Selection of the outstanding work will be made by the Beta Phi Mu Chi Chapter Executive Board.
- The award will be given at the Chi Chapter Initiation and Awards Ceremony. The recipient will present the work at an open forum.
- Nominations can be made at any time prior to May 1 in the academic year in which the award is granted.
- Recognition will include a monetary award of $200.
- Student award work will be mounted on the Chi Chapter Web page, where award recipients will be identified.
- All nominated work will be retained by SLIS as examples of outstanding student papers, which can be used as documentation for master's program accreditation.
List of Annual Award Winners:
- An Exploratory Study of the Differences between Face-To-Face and
Computer-mediated Reference Interactions
by Charlotte Ford
- Privatization and Access to Information : A Policy Analysis of OMB
by Heather M. Smedberg
Approach to Cognitive Walkthrough and Heuristic Evaluation
Natalia A. Minibayeva
Evaluation in HCI and IR: Methods, Measures, and Multidimensional
by Phil Sager